Monday, November 21, 2011

Film Analysis

Emporer's New Groove

Ordinary World-Emporer Kuzco is a selfish man who cares for nothing but himself and gets whatever he darn well pleases.
Call-After letting Ezma go he is invited to dinner. And ends up getting turned into a llama. "Llama face!"
Refusal-He doesn't want to be a llama he wants to return home and be the Emporer he was born to be.
Meeting Mentor-His destiny has led him to the village leader who he had talked to earlier. Pacha is now the only one that can help him.
Threshold- He's forced to realize that he ain't in Kansas anymore and the only way to get back home in one piece is to follow Pacha through the jungle.
Tests,Allies,Enemies-Kuzco is forced to trust Pacha and hasn't realized it yet but Kronk and Ezma are on a mission to come find him to kill him.
Approach- After thinking he no longer needs help and sending his metor and only friend away he realizes this is much to big a thing to face alone. He must find Pacha again.
Ordeal-"Okay, I admit it. Maybe I wasn't as nice as I should have been. But, Ezma, do you really want to kill me?" Kuzco finally finds out that Ezma and Kronk really aren't his friends but that Ezma has been planning to kill him. "Ah, how shall I do it? Oh, I know. I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless, little flea, and then I'll put that flea in a box, and then I'll put that box inside of another box, and then I'll mail that box to myself, and when it arrives... I'll smash it with a hammer! It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, I tell you! Genius, I say!"
Reward-He finds Pacha again and is now willing to take the journey back.
Road Back- He and Pacha race to get back to his palace before Ezma and Kronk.
Resurrection-He fights for his life as he tries to find the right potion to turn him back into a human.
Return-He's human again, a changed man, and now does thing for the greater good instead of doing things only for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment