Monday, October 10, 2011

Kidnapped

I don’t speak.
They shine the light into my eyes.
I can feel the ropes cutting into my skin.
They slap me across the face then begin to yell once more.
As if I know what they are saying. As if I care at this point.
Can’t they see I’m frightened enough?
They become frustrated and leave, the light goes with them.
I’m alone yet again in the freezing cold darkness.
Bound by ropes to the chair I’m forever doomed to sit in.
I try to think of home, try to believe somebody is looking for me.
But it becomes too hard. I’ve tried for too long. My hope is beginning to leave me.
I start to forget things I’ve tried so hard to cling to, to keep me sane.
Like the stories my dad always told me.
My sisters laugh.
The sound of rain.
I try not to cry for I have nothing to wipe my tears from my face but I can’t help it.
I begin to shiver as I feel the blood from the fresh cut on my face trickle down my skin.
My hope is leaving me and taking everything else with it, leaving me alone in the dark.
I hear the door open and see them coming back into the room.
I don’t shake with fear just cry silent tears.
I can see the anger in their eyes. Their patience all gone.
I close my eyes. And think of home.

3 comments:

  1. But what happens next?!
    I really like this. You give a lot of great imagery, and it's easy to follow. It flows really well too. I kept imagining someone like Jack Bauer coming in and saving the voice... The character in the story. But then it was over, and he wasn't there... Which was sad it two ways. I'm going to stoop now.
    Oh. I LOVE your back ground and want to steal it from you. ;) But I won't.
    Anyway! Great piece! Can't wait to read more!
    ~Pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As if I care at this point." Way good. You created really nice imagery and pulled me into the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is way good. i want to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete