Saturday, September 17, 2011

I find myself walking alone

I find myself walking in a dark tight tunnel.
I can't see any light. All I can hear are my footsteps.
I try to run, try to get out of this place.
It feels like its getting tighter every second trying
to squeeze all the air from my lungs.

I walk alone.

After what seems like forever I see light.
I run for it.
When I first arrive I am blinded, this light is so bright.
When my eyes adjust, i find myself looking at something I've been
trying to hide trying to stay away from.
But I'm here and I can't go back.

I see people, too many people, staring at me their eyes empty
yet they still have a disappointed look to them.
They don't move,they just stare, stare at me.
I try to avoid them pretend they're not there but there's no where too look.
No where to run.

I try speaking to them, the silence driving me mad.
But they won't speak. They only stare.
I try running from them, try getting away.
But as I go farther I see only more people.
only now they're holding letters never written, lists never finished, stories never told, books never been opened and worst of all words never spoken.

I collapse to the ground. Its too much.
Fear and anger are filling up inside me.
As if they're eating me from inside.

I try to call for help. From anyone, anything.
But then I remember.

I walk alone.

3 comments:

  1. Wow.
    I have no words. You are marvelous.
    You told a story, it spoke to me.
    I looove how you said "trying to hide, trying to stay away from. But I'm here and I can't go back."
    You're so good at writing.
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thought provoking. You could write a story on this situation. Zombies from the past that haunt a person and they always remain silent. It's the making of a good story. How would you defeat them? Are they invincible? Would a friend get them out of the situation? Just some ideas you could write about...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ending, it was a new twist on the phrase "I walk alone," and I thought it was a really cool how you did that :)

    ReplyDelete