Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm still thinking about you

I've been trying to get you off my mind ever since you walked out that door but I keep thinking about you.I'm thinking about you like socks think about shoes.
And like birds think about flying, and how babies think about crying,
like old people think about dying.

I'm thinking about you like the sun thinks about the moon, like lollipops think about tongues. Or even how the dish thought about the spoon.
I keep thinking about you like pencils think about paper, like lightning thinks about thunder,
like pigs think about bacon.

I'm thinking about you like dogs think about Frisbees,
how nails think about hammers, and how sunglasses think about the sun.
I try but I'm still thinking about you like worms think about dirt, like pepperoni thinks about pizza, and how mice think about cheese.
I'm thinking about you like marshmallows think about s'mores like the moon thinks about the stars. Like hats think about heads. Like rings....think about fingers.

And I'm still thinking about you even after you shut that door.
I'm thinking about you.
And I wish you'd come back.

2 comments:

  1. I like the ending :) your font is a little small though. But your writing is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe pigs think about bacon :) that is the best one i've heard so far.

    humans think about bacon. yum!

    ReplyDelete